Draw and Paint: Explore The Mediums and Techniques
Prerequisite: Passion to learn
Duration: 10 Classes (Ten classes of 1hr 30min)
Course Fee: $300/= per person (Supplies included in this amount)
This course is specially designed for Junior children (Ages 8-12) who are keen to learn Painting techniques. The course is based on the guidelines from Ontario Arts Curriculum for Primary and Junior levels by a qualified Artist Educator. Major focus in these classes will be on transferring the key skills applied in exploring painting mediums. It will make children learn basic painting techniques in a fun filled and safe environment.
On completion of this course a child will achieve the following outcomes:
- Identify basic elements of design through painting (Shape, Form, Tone, Colour and Texture)
- Application and exploration of variety of mediums of painting (Oil crayons, Chalk Pastels, Markers, Pencil colours, Water colours and Gouache etc)
- Demonstrate the ability to study Nature and Still Life from observation
- Develop self confidence, patience and a sense of achievement
- Introduction to Painting, Make marks with Markers
- Pointillism with Oil Crayons
- Colouring with Colour pencils
- Explore Dry Pastels
- Techniques in Water Colours
- More Fun with Water Colours
- Use of Tempera Paints
- Techniques in Tempera Paints
- Time for Collage
- What is Mix Media?
Teaching and Learning Methods:
It’s a studio practice based course, which will be delivered through demonstrations by the instructor. Students will be given a new fun exercise in every class. Main focus will be on transferring the key skills and experience that can be applied by participants in future art practice. A course portfolio will be maintained.