Draw and Paint: Explore The Mediums and Techniques
Prerequisite: Passion to learn
Duration: 10 Classes (Ten classes of 1hr)
Course Fee: $400/= per person
A list of Supplies will be given to you once you purchase the course. You will be required to purchase supplies on your own.
This course is specially designed for Junior children (Ages 8-12) who are keen to learn Painting techniques. The course is based on the guidelines from Ontario Arts Curriculum for Primary and Junior levels by a qualified Artist Educator. Major focus in these classes will be on transferring the key skills applied in exploring painting mediums. It will make children learn basic painting techniques in a fun filled and safe environment.
On completion of this course a child will achieve the following outcomes:
- Identify basic elements of design through painting (Shape, Form, Tone, Colour and Texture)
- Application and exploration of variety of mediums of painting (Oil crayons, Chalk Pastels, Markers, Pencil colours, Water colours and Gouache etc)
- Demonstrate the ability to study Nature and Still Life from observation
- Develop self confidence, patience and a sense of achievement
- Introduction to Painting, Make marks with Markers
- Pointillism with Oil Crayons
- Colouring with Colour pencils
- Explore Dry Pastels
- Techniques in Water Colours
- More Fun with Water Colours
- Use of Tempera Paints
- Techniques in Tempera Paints
- Time for Collage
- What is Mix Media?
Teaching and Learning Methods:
It’s a studio practice based course (currently delivered through online meeting platforms), which will be delivered through demonstrations by the instructor. Students will be given a new fun exercise in every class. Main focus will be on transferring the key skills and experience that can be applied by participants in future art practice. A course portfolio will be maintained.